VC-1000 series Vertical Cuttings Dryer( Vertical Centrifuge) produced by KOSUN is a type of vertical centrifuge, which can perform solid/liquid separation through centrifugal separation. The vertical cuttings dryer can effectively recover the liquid phase in drilling cuttings, making the solid phase become very dry. It is suitable for water-base mud, oil-base mud and synthetic base mud. By recovering the mud in drilling cuttings, the vertical cuttings dryercan reduce the drilling cost and cut down environmental pollution. With handling capacity of 40-60 T/h, the oil on cuttings (OOC) of drilling cuttings can be reduced to lower than 5% (w/w) after treatment, meeting the international emissions standards and environmental protection requirements. The vertical centrifuge can also be applicable for drilling waste management in onshore and offshore drilling.
Offshore and onshore projects where the recovery of valuable drilling fluid from cuttings, as well as recovery of whole mud lost from shaker failure, rig motion and screen blinding are priorities.
More stringent cuttings-discharge regulations have pressured operators and drilling contractors to reduce drilling waste volumes and recover premium products for reuse.
The vertical cuttings dryer features a state-of-the-art design that can process varying amounts of cuttings and fluids, typically up to 60 tons per hour. Dry solids discharged from the dryer are typically≤5% oil content by wet weight.
The vertical cuttings dryer improves overall cost-efficiency, producing reduced amounts of extremely dry cuttings for disposal and recovering valuable fluid for reuse. It is effective with water-, oil- and synthetic-base drilling fluids.
• Highly effective liquids/solids separation minimizes fluid content of cuttings
• Reduces waste-disposal volumes
• Effective separation reclaims high percentages of fluid that can be reused in the active mud system
• Recovers whole mud lost from shale shaker failure, rig motion and screen blinding, that is cost- effective.
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), with automatic warning indicators, monitors temperature, torque, oil flow and operating hours
• High-capacity, continuous feed units have the throughput to keep up with drilling
• Tungsten-carbide-coated, independently adjustable flights reduce wear and ensure optimal tolerance
• Handrail and walkways is convenient for operators to do routine maintenance work, that can reduce risk to personnel
• Different kinds of screens can meet various operation requirements
• Normal wear parts are easily accessible from the top of the unit; belts are easily
• Changed without removing gear assembly
• Interchangeable tungsten carbide flights protect rotor and gear box from excessive erosion, minimizing main component failure
• Explosion-proof motors and control panels can be certified with CE/ATEX
In China solids control industry, KOSUN is a solids control leader and expert in drilling waste management. KOSUN is capable of providing customers with such four series as oil & gas drilling solids control equipment, centrifuge, drilling waste treatment equipment and drilling security equipment, including 25 categories of products, such as shale shaker, decanter centrifuge, shale shaker screen, desander, desilter, vacuum degasser, centrifugal pump,vertical centrifuge, submersible slurry pump, shear pump, mud agitator, mud gun, drilling fluid mud cleaner, jet mud mixer, screw pump, mud tank, diesel tank, water tank, complete solids control system, etc.